A Profound Experience
To support our independent school clients as they shifted from in-person to online learning in the wake of shutdowns due to COVID-19, Berlineaton’s Data & Insights team designed and administered a survey to three stakeholder groups: parents, students and faculty. Our reporting included analytics and benchmarking. Our objective? To help schools achieve success in this new form of delivery as quickly as possible.
Berlineaton’s Online Learning Survey was designed as a pulse check — to gather quick, actionable insights about specific aspects of the online learning experience of students, parents and teachers, including:
- Demographics: To gather data about grade-level, the current household situation and technology
- Communication: To gather feedback about how well the school has been communicating with students, families and teachers
- Online Learning Experience: To gather feedback about student engagement, submission of homework, and access to information, teachers and additional supports (including wellbeing support).
- Community: To seek feedback about the school’s approach to online learning platform and ability to maintain a community feel
- Open-ended Feedback: To gather data about what has gone well and what needs improvement or additional support
The survey findings helped participating schools to respond, in virtually real-time, to important community feedback and make appropriate adjustments to their online learning offerings in the spring and to plan for the start of the next year.